International Harvester Company history dates back to the invention of the horse-drawn wheat harvesting machine in 1831 and the formation of the company that became McCormick Harvesting Machine Company.
A merger with Deering Harvester Company, the Plano Manufacturing Company, the Milwaukee Harvester Company, and Warder, Bushnell and Glessner, formed International Harvester Company (International) in 1902.
International manufactured light trucks and utility vehicles from 1907-80. The Auto Buggy/Auto Wagon, with a two-cylinder engine, came in 1907. Pickup trucks were produced until 1975.
The Scout was a two-door SUV and a pickup truck line that came in both 2WD and 4WD drive. The Scout were manufactured from 1961-80 with model changes in 1965 and 1971.